Thursday, October 2, 2014

On the Spot Prayer

Hot Air Balloon Lifted Higher by Dee Kamp
On the Spot Prayer

I was about to say goodbye after a long distant conversation on the phone with my friend when her voice rose as she said with great earnest, “But wait, before you hang up I want to pray for you first.”

“….The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” James 5:16 NIV

I will never forget how surprised by her spontaneity of prayer and how it lifted my spirits and encouraged me right then and there.  

So often I have said, “Of course I’ll pray for you.” And I plan to do it later on. But I have also sensed a little tug on my heart by the Holy Spirit prompting me to pray on the spot.

But praying on the spot, outside the box and unsure what we’ll say, or if we want to, will surprise us and delight us how powerfully punctual it blesses and lifts the heart of another.

The Lord loves those who pray in all places and for all peoples, and He always hears the prayer of the righteous. But He may also be prompting us to pray on the spot and later on too. Send a heavy heart up to God, it will be heard, welcomed and rewarded.

“When we pray, God has promised to hear us. That promise is our guarantee of His attention. Today as we pray, rest in the certainty of God’s presence and full ear. If you don’t feel like praying, just tell God and leave the rest to Him.” Corrie Ten Boom

“On the Spot Prayer” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© October 2, 2014

 

No comments:

Post a Comment