Thursday, October 9, 2014

Wholeheartedly


Photo by: Dee Kamp
 
Wholeheartedly

            Then Solomon stood before the altar of the Lord in front of the whole assembly of Israel, spread out his hands toward heaven and said: “Lord, the God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven above or on earth below—you who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in your way. You have kept your promise to your servant David my father; with your mouth you have promised and with your hand you have fulfilled it—as it is today.” 1 Kings 8:22-24 NIV

            Everything God does He does it with His whole heart, with great passion and purpose. God is greatly pleased with the wholehearted person. And there are times in our lives when God puts others in and around us to greatly influence us with their wholehearted passion for Him.

            A longtime friend of mine, for nearly thirty years, has moved across country, miles away. But people in our lives really never leave us, for a little bit of themselves is left behind forever in our heart. In this case my friend leaves with me her gift, her legacy of a wholeheartedness.

            None of us pass through this life without affecting others’ lives. No matter how brief it is, we are living legacies of our faith as we go about our life. I have had people since I was a little child who God has put in my path in His miraculous timing that have influenced me greatly. Their great passion for God and their enthusiasm for life and sharing God have made a profound difference in my life.

            It’s sad to have a good friend move away, but there is this memory of her I will cherish forever in my heart. It’s her passion and wholeheartedness for the Lord.

             “Others are affected by what I say and do. And these others have also these spheres of influence. So that a single act of mine may spread in widening circles through a nation of humanity.” ―William Ellery Channing

“Wholeheartedly” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© October 9, 2014

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment