Thursday, October 30, 2014

Be Still


 
Be Still

Ever have that Holy Spirit nudge that you need to pause and pay apt attention to something you are reading, something in the world around you, or something someone is saying?
 
That’s exactly what happened for me this morning when by chance I found an old yellowed piece of paper tucked away in a forgotten file.

 Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10 NIV

In those moments when we are called to pause, a light flickers on in our heart and we realize, God has something He wants to say to us. For He speaks to us through His Word, His creation and in many delightful ways as He desires.
 
 And why not? For isn’t it to Him we daily seek for enlightenment and encouragement? Isn’t it He who desires nothing more than for us to come away and be alone with Him?

I share it with you now and pray you too will be blessed by God’s perfectly timing, in His perfect love in His amazing ways.

BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD
God, what does it mean to be still and know You are God?
My child, what I mean is:
Though the earth be removed,
Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with swelling,
Though the wind blow, Though the storms rage;
IN OTHER WORDS:
Though your bills are due,
Though they give you a hard time on your job,
Though your husband won't act right,
Though your wife won't act right,
Though your children are disobedient,
Though there's sickness in your body,

Though your enemies get on your NERVES;
Stop your WORRYING!
Stop your COMPLAINING!
Stop your DOUBTING!
Stop your FROWNING!
Cease your fears, and dry up those tears!
For I'm right here to comfort you,
I'm right here to guide you,
I'm right here to hold you up,
I'm right here to heal you,
I'm right here to deliver you.
So cast your cares upon me for I care for you.

My child this is what I mean by being still
And knowing I AM GOD.” ~Author Unknown~

 

“Be Still” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© October 30, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment