Wednesday, November 26, 2014

God's Surprise at Sunrise


sunrise over Hood Canal with Mt Rainier by Dee Kamp
 
God’s Surprise at Sunrise

A song heard and enjoyed, no matter how many years have passed by, can stir up beautiful memories stored in the heart. This morning I experienced this very thing when I heard the song-On Eagle’s Wings.  The Lord brought to mind that morning long ago when He blessed me with a surprise at watching the sun rise.

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40: 29-31 NIV

It was a cold predawn morning and as I sipped my morning coffee I could see the sky turning vivid shades of pink. I called to my dog Rosy and we both hurried out the door to catch the moment when the sun would rise above the Cascade Mountains. There wasn’t a breeze and the skies clear, as I stood on a high bluff overlooking the Hood Canal. The view was breath taking.

The Cascade Mountains filled the horizon with its jagged peaks. Mount Rainier glowed pink and to the north Mount Baker glistened with snow. Rosy paused in her sniffing about and sat down close beside me staring off to the east as if waiting for the sun to rise too. I sang songs of praise to the Lord, I recited Psalm 23 and I rejoiced in His creation. But we weren’t alone.

I turned as something caught my eye in the sky. Oh my! It was a Bald Eagle and now it was landing on top of a huge Douglas fir tree not far from us. The eagle folded his huge wings, glanced over at us in his noble way and turned his head east to watch for the sun to rise too. I could not help be feel so connected to God and to His creation and my heart leaped with joy at God’s perfect timing and His surprise at sunrise.

And once again I remember that time I stood on the bluff as I hear those words from the song On Eagles Wings, “He will bear you on the breath of dawn and make you to shine like the sun and hold you in the palm of His hands.”

“We all see God in exceptional things, but it requires the growth of spiritual discipline to see God in every detail. Never believe that the so-called random events of life are anything less than God’s appointed order. Be ready to discover His divine designs anywhere and everywhere. “Oswald Chambers My Utmost for His Highest.

“God’s Surprise at Sunrise” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© November 26, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment