Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Helping Hands




Helping Hands

When I pray, when I worship the Lord, and when I sing praises to the Him I lift up holy hands to the throne of God. But there have times in my life when I became too weary though my heart was willing that I could not do it alone.

As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning. When Moses’ hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up-one on one side, one on the other-so that is hands remained steady till sunset. So Joshua overcame the Amalekite army with the sword… Moses built an altar and called it the LORD is my Banner. He said, “For hands were lifted up to the throne of the LORD.” Exodus 17:11-13, 15 NIV

As long as we keep our eyes on God for all we need, as long as we lift up our hands to His throne of mercy, the battles we face, and those of our loved ones will be won through the power and unfailing love of God.

In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out, our strength fails. That’s when it is only by God’s divine intervention He will bring along beside us another’s helping hand to rekindle our faith.  .

We never face our battles alone

And when we are too weary to stand

God is our banner, Jesus is our Rock

He will provide for us- a helping hand
 
 
 
 
"Helping Hands" by Dee Kamp Grace Every Morning Ministries, February 4, 2015

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment