Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Shoutn' to Your Mountain


Mt Rainier by Dee Kamp
Shoutn’ to Your Mountain

 When we first bought our little home by the side of the woods our land was barely cleared of trees, bushes and the dreaded thistles. It seemed with each weekend there was yet another stump to move, a delivery of top soil, bark and gravel as we faced one mountain after another. A lot like life, I mused one day digging and moving it around.
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the ocean depths.
You care for people and animals alike, O LORD. How precious is your unfailing love, O God!” Psalm 36:6-7 NLT

 But those piles of rocks and dirt were nothing to the mountains my husband I were to face in the near future. Our mountains of worry were for our children, health and jobs.

 It was in the middle of one of those mountain challenges that I became daily encouraged by the promises of God in His Word.  I learned there is nothing greater before us than the power of our God who is for us. There were times I allowed myself to shout out loud to the current mountain we faced and say, “My God is bigger than you!”

Later on looking back and remembering all God has done for us, I know now what I thought were mountains were mere foothills to God.

So today, go ahead- feel free to do some shout-n’ to your mountain, for our God is mighty and helping us over a mountain or moving it aside is His delight.  

           “God is too good to be unkind, and he is too wise to be mistaken. And when we cannot trace his hand, we must trust his heart."―Charles Haddon Spurgeon

“Shoutn' to Your Mountain” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© February 11, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment