Friday, February 6, 2015

Overcomers



Seattle Ferry on the Puget Sound by Dee Kamp

Overcomers

“This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God. 1 John 5: 3-5

Sometimes when I am very still and in my quiet time with the Lord I will hear Him whisper great truths. Today, this is what Jesus said in my heart to share with you:

“You are like Noah’s ark which I am continually building to rise above the great flood. First is the frame work, building your faith strong and steadfast in My Word. Then board by board, day by day I strengthen you to endure and overcome life’s circumstances. You are an overcomer because I am the one who overcomes in you. I will give you endurance, I will sustain you to rise above the troubled waters threatening you in this sin filled world. I am the Overcomer you can depend on to redeem you, to lift you above the waters, now and forever.”

Revelation 17:14 “These will wage war against the Lamb and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is the Lord of lords, and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful.”

 It is with great joy in Christ knowing it is He who overcomes us. Jesus will triumph over all our difficulties and overwhelm Satan, and this world which tries to lead us away from God when we keep our eyes on Him.

Victory is seeing the Cross with Jesus in all circumstances of our daily lives and in this world. When Jesus overcomes us, He changes our hearts and through us He changes the world around us. Celebrate! Rejoice! We are overcomers!

"Out of a very intimate acquaintance with D. L. Moody, I wish to testify that he was a far greater pray-er than he was preacher. Time and time again, he was confronted by obstacles that seemed insurmountable, but he always knew the way to overcome all difficulties. He knew the way to bring to pass anything that needed to be brought to pass. He knew and believed in the deepest depths of his soul that nothing was too hard for the Lord, and that prayer could do anything that God could do. “–Reuben Archer Torre

“Overcomers” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© February 6, 2015

 

No comments:

Post a Comment