Monday, February 9, 2015

Kee On Keeping On


Bible and Cross Gloritta New Mexico, by Dee Kamp
 
Keep On Keeping On

While the details of our daily life are different, all who approach God in prayer from time to time will question God’s silence. When the minor prophet Habakkuk asked God for what he needed most but still didn’t hear or feel God’s response in any way, Habakkuk found great peace and satisfaction when he realized what God really wanted to give him- God, Himself.

The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,

he enables me to go on the heights.” Habakkuk 3:19 NIV

The last of Habakkuk’s chapters sings of confidence in God. As Habakkuk looks back, as we should do too, he sees how God protected him, sheltered him, and was there for him.

In those dark hard days of my personal sorrow many years ago there was a song that continually played on my radio. It was a secular song, but God used it to encourage me and it helped me to continually have faith in Him for the strength I needed. The song repeatedly said, “Keep on, holding on”.  And that is exactly what I did, and it’s what we need to do too, day by day, hour by hour, and sometimes, minute by minute.

It’s the Lord’s past faithfulness remembered which eases our anxious heart and will motivate us to holding on and believe God is with us.  
“The way God helps us make spiritual progress is by being with us to strengthen and encourage us to ‘keep on keeping on’ in rough times.” ―Joyce Myers Battle Fields of the Mind

“Keep On, Keeping On, by Dee Kamp Grace Every Morning Ministries© February 9, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment