Thursday, March 26, 2015

Reflection of Hope


flowering cherry blooms by Dee Kamp
 
Reflection of Hope

On one bright and sunny day I finally got around to washing the car and even polished up the chrome and cleaned the mirrors. Satisfied with my hard work I went back into the house to get a nice cold glass of iced tea. When I returned to the yard to sit on the patio I gazed once more at the car’s spiffy shine. That’s when I nearly dropped my glass of tea at what I saw happening to those gleaming chrome mirrors!

 
Satan, who is the god of this world,
 has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe.
They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News.
They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ,
who is the exact likeness of God.”

 2 Corinthians 4:4 NLT


The chrome mirror on the driver’s side of my car was all smeared and dirty! Looking around I saw the culprit, a brightly colored Tanager. With a satisfied flick of this tail feathers he flew up into the nearby cherry tree. The silly Tanager, all he could see in that mirror was his own reflection, but to him it was a bird who had to leave!

The allure and temptation of this world’s brightness and glamour in new material things to bring happiness is as false as what the little sparrow saw in the mirror.

Satan distracts, confuses and uses the trick of mirrors and smoke to distract and distort what will bring one peace, joy and contentment.

But for those of us who have Jesus our heart have a story of lightness and truth to share.  God’s Word and our story of God’s great love a reflection of the beauty of Christ in our heart. Armed with the Truth of His promise we are able to share with others that reflection giving hope to others in this dark and troubled world.  

 “God so loved the world…” (John 3:16) Jesus said. And that is why I keep going, even into my eightieth years, because we’ve a story to tell the nations, a story of love and light.” Corrie Ten Boom Tramp for the Lord

A Reflection of Hope” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© March 26 2015

 

No comments:

Post a Comment