Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I Had a Dream



Reflections  Photo by Dee Kamp
 

I Had a Dream

Do you ever have dreams that linger even after you are awake? Are there some so lovely, so mysterious and full of wonder you want to share them—even if they seem foolish to others? I had such a dream last night, a dream about God.

As I get on in my senior years I seem to have more and more dreams like this. I write them down in a little journal called, God in My Dreams. I no longer discount these God dreams as whimsy but rather have begun to ponder and pray over them the next day.  

In this dream I saw a beautiful shining cross glowing like highly polished sliver. Rays of light spread out all around it and I remember saying, “Oh it’s so lovely!”

Then I saw a silver crown come floating down with the cross still shining and floating above it. “What is this, Lord?” I whispered in awe.  

That’s when I heard His voice, the one my heart always knows is His, saying, “It is your crown of righteousness. You are righteous in my sight because of your faith in Me.”

First thing this morning I thanked God for the dream and then I asked for a Scripture confirming the words I heard. In an instant I feel impression to turn to Romans 3. And there I discover the Lord has led me to His truth and understanding of how one such as me could ever receive a crown of righteousness.
  
 The righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.” Romans 3:22 NLT

I wear a crown of righteousness because of my faith in Jesus! Not by what I do, how much or how little faith I have, but who I am in Christ Jesus. It’s our amazing free gift from God.
.
 Righteousness comes to me (and all) through faith in Jesus Christ! There is no such thing as too little faith, too old for faith, or one too young for great faith. It’s our faith that swings open the gates of heaven to bring us all into sweet fellowship with the Lord, night and day.  

“Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible.” Corrie Ten Boom

“I Had a Dream” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© July 30, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment