Thursday, July 11, 2013

Love Them Anyway



Photo: "There is light at the end of the tunnel" by Dee Kamp

Love Them Anyway

I received a text message early this morning from an old friend. This friend is very stubborn and will not even consider God in anyway. Yet she wants to be my friend and has been for more than twenty-five years! I’m not giving up on God or her that she will discover one day who loves her most.

 Her messages to me are always filled with anxious words dripping with gloom and doom.  Over and over she will ask me how I am able to face my challenges in a life that has been filled with tragedy and trials. “How do you find such strength, and peace? “

 Again, and patiently over again I say, “It’s not me, but Christ in me, He is faithful.  I never face anything alone.”

The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD,
have never forsaken those who seek you.”
Psalm 9:9-10 NIV
So what does one do when someone just doesn’t seem to come around and receive God’s wonderful gift of forgiveness, grace and eternal love?

We seek God for wisdom first and then do what Jesus did.  We listen without words and not judge. We speak with our actions of love walked out in our faith.  

 And sometimes we can even send them a quote, a Scripture or poem from a very well known, much loved godly woman—Mother Teresa.  

Do It Anyway
By Mother Teresa
“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”

After emailing this to my friend I was so pleased to hear her say the words encouraged her and gave her courage on how to handle a difficult person where she worked.

We all have difficult people in our lives. But Jesus never gives up, He never ever gives up, and neither should we.


“Love Them Anyway” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© July 11, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment