Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Perfect Perspective



Photo: Seeking Special Stones by Dee Kamp

Perfect Perspective

If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me.”
Psalm 139:10 NLT

On this summer day looking out across the sparkling waters of Puget Sound, my mind drifted back many years to the sweet memory of our son's first summer time water experience. 

That morning I dragged the toddler size plastic pool outside and put just an inch or so of water in it to be warmed by the hot summer sun. This was going to be a big first time experience for my little son.

After his nap I dressed him up in his cartooned decorated swims trunks and led him to stand beside the pool of shimmering water.  The bright sun shot sparkles of dazzling sunlight caught his eye drawing him to stand close by the little pool.  

 I did not immediately pick him up and set him in the pool; instead I picked up his favorite match box toy and dropped it in the water. Why not something that floats? This was a lesson to help him not be afraid of water and to trust that I would be there for him. With great curiosity he stared at the toy just out of his reach and soon became upset.  

I took his hand and splashed it in the water encouraging him to reach down into the water and get his toy. But each time he tried to grasp the toy  by himself, it was never in the place he thought it to be.

The sun light on the water distorted his perspective of where the toy actually was in the pool.  He tried again and again finally turning and grasping my hand for help. From my higher perspective, I was easily able to guide his little hand and retrieve the toy.

Like toddlers we will rush to reach, stretch and try too hard, and too long on our own before we turn to our loving Father who stands right behind us.  

God is omnipresent—He is present everywhere. And this is good news for those who know, trust and love Him. Because no matter what our age or where in the world we are, God has the perfect perspective to guide, direct and give us a helping hand exactly when where we need it the most.  

 “Keep close to Me and you shall know the Way because, as I said to My disciples, I am the Way. That is the solution to all earth’s problems. Keep close, very close to Me. Think, act and live in My presence.” From God Calling, a Devotional Diary, A. J. Russell

“Perfect Perspective” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© July 24, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment