Thursday, October 24, 2013

Encouraging Words

Sixteen Kites by Dee Kamp
 
Encouraging Words

“The teacher thought I was smarter than I wuz. So I wuz!”

I have this quote near my computer and it always makes me smile.  I don’t know the author any more, but just as it was true for this little child, it became true for me.

 It wasn’t until my senior year that I heard those amazing words from my mentor and teacher.  Who knew those words would shoot me like a star to make it on the honor roll for the very first time?

Encouragement with God’s wisdom and in righteousness can make a down trodden soul glitter and shine.

And those who are wise―the people of God―shall shine as brightly as the sun’s brilliance,

 and those who turn many to righteousness will glitter like stars forever.”

Daniel 12:3 TLB

 

One reading volunteer I worked with in the local elementary school a few years ago, who had the greatest success with struggling readers one was nearly ninety years old.

Many others who volunteered often came with more titles, education and experience, but it was this woman’s great love and same simple words of encouragement that continually taught a child to read and reach higher levels than ever before. She would say over and over, “You are smarter than you think, keep on trying”.

No one is ever too young or too old for the need to be encouraged. No one is ever too young or too old to convey it.  There is no limit to what God can do through one who lovingly encourages another.

One of the things that can have a powerful effect on all of us is someone saying in a deep abiding affirmative, “God believes in you and I believe in who you are because of the gifts that He has put within you.”

Kind words, encouraging words can be short and easy to say, but they sing a song in the heart that is truly endless.

 

“Encouraging Words” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© October 24, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment