Wednesday, October 2, 2013

New Morning


Sunrise by Dee Kamp
 
New Morning

 “Happy Birthday. How do you feel about turning sixty today?” I asked.

“How I do I know? I’ve never been this age before,” my brother declared with a smile.

This is the day the LORD has made.

We will rejoice and be glad I it.”

 Psalm 118:24 NLT

 I pondered the deeper truth to my brother’s statement while writing down today’s date and time at the top of my daily journal this morning. It’s true, I’ve not been this age, or in this time ever before.  

God has infinite time to give us, but how does He do it? He does not give it out in a huge tract of time, or in one long millennium but ever so wisely He cuts it up into a neat succession of new mornings.

Today is the first time we are here, in this time and space. How do we know how it will turn out? It’s all new to us!

 Well, we don’t know. But this we can know for certain, we will never face it alone. Our faithful and loving God promises to always be with us, morning by morning, hour by hour, every moment of the day and night.

This is our new day. And each precious day is like stepping into a stream of fresh flowing water filled with new ideas, opportunities, healing and hope when Christ is living His life through us.

 
“This New Day” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© October 2, 2013

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment