Friday, October 18, 2013

I Hear You


Photo by : Dee Kamp
 
I Hear You

 

It was a dark and stormy day, exactly how you would think a writer would begin a story to draw you into it and make you wonder what would happen next.

 

But this was my stormy day story several years ago and I recall it and wonder at it many times over and over again. It wasn’t the threatening cold November clouds above me that made me fearful and sad that day― it was the storm of emotions racing within my heart making me tremble in anticipation of the day ahead.

 Call to me and I will answer you…”

 Jeremiah 33:3 NIV

I gripped the steering wheel of the car and pressed on for it was time again for one of Bill’s all day chemo treatments and I knew by the past experiences how hard it was going to be on him

 

In silent prayer I called out “Oh Lord, help me, I need you, and I need your strength today. Oh Lord if only I could know in some special way you have heard me call to You.

 

Traffic moved slowly increasing my uneasiness and I was beginning to wonder if we would be late.  I glanced at Bill who was quiet and peaceful, his faith as strong and steadfast as always. He called this time with fighting cancer, “A bump in the road.”

 

Something caught my eye and I heard Bill suddenly call out “Look!” “It’s a Bald Eagle flying right over us. It looks like its leading us right down the road!”

 

It was an amazing sight that went on and on. The Bald Eagle with his wings gloriously outstretched and soaring just ahead of us.

 

Perhaps the eagle had a nest in that grove of cedar trees up ahead on the hill. Perhaps not. But I felt my heart soaring right along with the eagle. I just knew it was God’s way of letting me know He heard me and always would –even when driving down a highway. In my heart I could hear the Lord say, “I hear you, I will lead the way, and I will be your strength.”

 

“I never prayed sincerely for anything but that it came. At some time, no matter at how distant a day, somehow, in some shape-probably the last I should devise-it came.”― Adoniram Judson quoted from Magnificent Prayer by Nick Harrison

 

“I Hear You” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© October 18, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment