Monday, June 30, 2014

God Has a Plan


 
Photo by : Dee Kamp
 
 
 
God Has a Plan

If anyone says to you, “Why are you doing this?”

 say, “The Lord has need of it.” Mark 11:3

 
     God speaks to us through His Word, by His Spirit in many different ways, and through other people He so wisely and creatively chooses.

     Today for me it happened when I read through one of my favorite books of quotes from Francis of Assisi - it hit directly home and right to my heart. From time to time when we find ourselves called to serve outside of our comfort zone we may wonder and ask God, “Why me God? Surely there is someone more qualified than I?” This quote below answers that question so very well.

     Someone once asked Francis of Assisi how he was able to accomplish so much. He replied, “This may be why. The Lord looked down from heaven and said, ‘Where can I find the weakest, littlest man on earth?’ Then He saw me and said, ‘I’ve found him. I will work through him, and he won’t be proud of it. He’ll see that I am only using him because of his insignificance.’” –quoted from Our Daily Bread

Our assignment from God is one only we can fill,

Whether it be to build or teach or the earth to till;

His plan may still be hidden from us to see

But God has for certain a great need for you and me.

 

“God Has a Plan” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© June 30, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment