Monday, June 9, 2014

Tow Things Must Go Together


Dawn on Icicle River by Dee Kamp



Two Things Must Go Together
I’m curled up in the lawn chair overlooking the river wrapped in a blanket against the predawn chill of this early summer morning.  The river where I sit by is called Icicle River and one can feel the icy freshness of its fine mist splashing over the river rocks.  
I have found myself in a rare and exceptional place to seek God and be alone with Him. But there is something else I need for this prayer time to be receptive to what God wants to tell me through His Spirit. Two things that are inseparable and I shall always have at hand to go together when we come to pray and worship the Lord.
 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. I have taken an oath and confirmed it, that I will follow your righteous laws…Your statues are my heritage forever; they are the joy of my heart.” Psalm 119:15-106, 111-112 NIV
Two things, prayer and God’s Word are inseparable and should go together in our quiet times with Him. When we pray in His Word we are striving to know God, and using God’s Word to pray instead of our own, makes prayer so much more powerful.
I am captivated by the constant flow of the river. So much water rolling by from a source unseen from high above in the mountains. Day and night the water goes on and on reminding me of God’s everlasting mercies and love for us.
 So, when life in this tumulus world brings soot and shame, fear and untruths, I’ll remember God’s river of never ending love flowing endlessly over and through us to give us hope and strength each new day.
Bible and prayer together makes us receptive to what God wants to tell us. It doesn’t take a river to hear God speak in our heart, but by His Word and prayer together, and adding one small splash of faith, we will be guaranteed, we are never are alone.  
“Two Things Must Go Together” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministry© June 9, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment