Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Man and the White Water Rapids



Man in Kayak by Dee Kamp
 
 

Man and the White Water Rapids
As I stood gazing at the roaring rapids of the fast moving river I saw something in the water that at first my mind could not understand what I was seeing. Then with sudden clarity I realized the something that was dipping and bobbing and at times disappearing under the water ―was a man in a kayak!
What a wild ride he was having! The man and the tiny boat looked ridiculously small and fragile against the power of the river. Yet each time he tossed about he popped right side up and made progress down the river to where it was calm. God used this moment to remind me of one of my favorite Psalms, Psalm 18.
 He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me….He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.” Psalm 18:16-17, 19. NIV
The man in the kayak didn’t enter the rapids unprepared or uneducated about the river. He had read the manual written by others and practiced what he learned. He was a man dressed and prepared for battle with words of wisdom giving him confidence he could survive the tumultuous rapids.
The Word of God is our manual for life. He knows the trials and fast moving rapids and the circumstances we must face.
The man in the kayak was dressed for this ride down river. He wore a helmet, had a strong paddle, a suit to protect him from the cold and shoes especially made to keep him steadfast.
In Ephesians 6:13-18, we too will find all we need to survive the wilderness adventures in this life’s white water challenges.
For every battle we face, God provides us with a full set of spiritual armor. God’s armor is based on truth and righteousness, faith and peace. He asks us to be suited up with His attributes, not our own. We can cast all our white water situations, trials and tribulations into the hands of the One who has already won the battle and know He will come to our rescue every single time.
“The Man and the White Water Rapids” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Moring Ministries© June 17, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment