Monday, April 21, 2014

Beauty of God's Reflection


Cowlitz River Randle WA by Dee Kamp
 
Beauty of God’s Reflection

            We were called as photographers to the challenge of sending in our best shot of the beauty in reflections. Eager to join in the fun I searched my files and found I had several images of nature, birds and more reflected in the still waters. It was then that the obvious came to me― reflections are only possible when the waters are calm.

            Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken.” Psalm 62 5-6 NLT

            When we come before the Lord in prayer, if we cultivate a moment of calm in preparation for our time alone with Him, our heart will be less ruffled, disturbed and distracted.

            Our God is a calm God calling us to enter into His presence in an attitude of quiet trust. There we will discover the beauty of God’s reflection in our heart.

            “Do not be afraid of silence in your prayer time. It may be that you are meant to listen, not to speak. So wait before the Lord. Wait in stillness….” Amy Carmichael

“Beauty of God’s Reflection” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© April 21, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment