Monday, April 28, 2014

Power in the Light





Power in the Light

Now for me, it appears in the simple things, the ordinary things around me. From time to time the Lord nudges me take pause and look more closely at something. For the Lord knows my heart and what it is that will catch my attention, open my eyes and turn my thoughts to Him. This morning was no exception.

 And I will rescue you from both our own people and the Gentiles. Yes, I am sending you to the Gentiles to open their eyes, so they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. Then they will receive forgiveness for their sins and be given a place among God’s people, who are set apart by faith in me.” Acts 26:17-19 NLT

Perhaps some call it an epiphany. Epiphany― that moment a flash of insight and understanding about God becomes clearer than ever before.  It happens for us when we read His Word, when we come to be alone with Him and sometimes when we are simply admiring a plant.

There is a house plant in my windowsill filled with beautiful white blooms. I was about to turn the plant around, again, for uniformity, for every leaf and every flower was leaning against the window stretched towards the light.

Now that’s expected, a normal thing Lord, I thought to myself. Nothing out of the ordinary Lord. But I heard that soft whisper in my heart that said to take pause and consider how plants lean into the light. That’s when it hit me. The plant doesn’t turn itself to the light, it’s the power of the light that lifts, and turns the plant!

As it is with all people and with all things growing and living on this earth, that when in the presence of the Omnipotent God, all heads turn to His Light. Not by its power, but by the power of His love for us.  

It’s by faith in Jesus, the Light of the world we see turning a heart away from the darkness. Like flowers on the windowsill we are drawn by His powerful love to lean into His Light for the strength we need to live, thrive and survive today and filled with bright hope for all our tomorrows.

“Power in the Light” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© April 28, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment