Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Remembering the Source


Columbia River WA by Dee Kamp
 
Remembering the Source

            The Columbia River flows mightily through the State of Washington beginning in British Columbia Canada, with its source from Columbia Lake. From there it travels 1,000 miles to its final destination― the Pacific Ocean.

            At first a river may flow smoothly, but in those many miles it faces to its destination comes trouble like boulders, cliffs and other unexpected barriers.

       I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33 NLT

      One thing about living more than seventy years I am now a living testimony of all the amazing things my Source of life, God, is able to do when I faced so many barriers, boulders and troubles.  I learned for instance, I needed to look away from me, away from the problem and look to Jesus, my Source.

            I have learned to trust in God’s Word that He will either take us around the problem, past the barrier, remove it or hold our hand tightly until we get on through it.

            When life isn’t flowing like a smooth flowing river but filled instead with unexpected barriers, boulders and troubles ― that’s the time to pause, pray and remember Who the Source of our life really is.

            “Never focus your eyes on the obstacle or the difficulty. The obstacle will be a matter of total indifference to the river that will flow steadily through you if you will simply remember to stay focused on the Source. Never allow anything to come between you and Jesus Christ―not emotion nor experience―nothing must keep you from the one great sovereign Source.” Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest

“Remembering the Source” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© April 16, 2014

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment