Thursday, April 10, 2014

Meet Me in the Quiet Place





Bench in Ome Gardens by Dee Kamp
 
Meet Me in the Quiet Place

A quiet place is a stepping aside mentally from the world around us. It’s when one hears that still voice inside the heart saying, “Meet Me in the quiet place.”

 “And Jesus said, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”

Mark 6:31 NIV
 
It takes a bit of practice. It takes determination not turn to the thoughts in our head about our lives and busyness and concerns. But when this happens, take heart and turn right back to Him again. It’s okay, don’t give up, go right back because Jesus understands this challenge we have.  It’s not complicated, it’s not about religion or theology― it’s simply a matter of the heart― a heart seeking to be alone with God.

A prayer for today:

“Lord Jesus, I thank you that a new day affords another opportunity for dedication and devotion to You. You have turned a fresh page in my life’s story. It comes from You without blemish or soil; help me to keep it so.
Forgive the past blotted with my failures and sins, and help me to walk in Your light today.

Help me, O Lord, to realize the hope of Your calling, the riches of the glory of Your inheritance.
Above all, grant me the spirit of wisdom and revelation and the knowledge of You in all I say and do today.  And lead me once again to the quiet place alone with You.”

 
 
 
“Meet Me in the Quiet Place” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© April 10, 2014
 

No comments:

Post a Comment