Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Clothed in Love and Kindess


Best Friends by Dee Kamp
 
Clothed in Love and Kindness

 At the last minute, on the night before Easter, my unchurched family finally gave me permission to go with my friend’s family to church the next morning. But I was reminded with shame, I had nothing suitable to wear, was I sure I wanted to go?

 “Perhaps you shouldn’t go this time,” it was suggested. This weighed heavy on my twelve-year old heart. For reasons I couldn’t explain to them, I loved going to church and hearing about Jesus.

 I delight greatly in the LORD’ my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.” Isaiah 61:10 NIV

I was about to pick up the phone to call my friend and tell her due to the plans of our family I wasn’t able to go to church with them. Before I lifted the handle of the phone it started to ring, startling me so I nearly dropped it.

I heard my best friend saying with great joy, “Dee, if you haven’t picked out what you want to wear today I have a surprise for you. Mom made me two dresses for Easter so I could choose which one I loved the most and I want you to have the other dress so we can both have dresses alike.  Can I give it to you to wear today?”

They came to my house early and my best friend Carol dashed through the door with a pretty spring dress in her arms like hers but in a different color.  Together we ran to my bedroom with giggles of delight. There, though my friend was unaware, she clothed me in love and kindness displaying the love of Jesus in a way I would always cherish and remember all the days of my life.

I will tell of the kindnesses of the LORD, the deeds for which he is to be praised, according to all the LORD has done for us-yes, the many good things he has done for the house of Israel, according to his compassion and many kindnesses.” Isaiah 63:7 NIV

“Clothed in Love and Kindness” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© May 13, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment