Thursday, May 1, 2014

Welcome!


Welcome Door by Dee Kamp
 
 
Welcome!

I perceived immediately that the good nature and welcoming spirit of those who were waiting on me at the car garage, at the shopping mall and at the dentist office was genuine. Welcome is surely one of the most Chirstlike actions we can do for one another.

Anyone who welcomes you welcomes me,

and anyone who welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me.” Matthew 10:40 NIV

 
Who smiles to themselves in the dentist chair? I did! For I learned the woman working diligently cleaning my teeth was humming one of my favorite hymns as she worked away! I discovered that every one of the people who welcomed me so warmly were all Christ followers!

 One heartfelt welcome, can ease the tired and troubled heart. No matter how overwhelmed one may feel, just one welcoming moment from a stranger or friend will whisk all the dark clouds away.

 
If we believe Jesus is always with us, if we look for the Him everywhere we go, we’ll discover His love light shining through the welcoming kindnesses of others.

 
“Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God’s kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile.” Mother Teresa

“Welcome!” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© May 1, 2014

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment