Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Dawn and Dusk Call


 
Dawn and Dusk Call 

Camping among the foothills of Mount Rainer I rise early carrying my steaming cup of coffee on a walk down to the rushing glacier filled river. There my eyes look up to the eastern sky. I wait in joyful eagerness to watch as God creates a new day.
Then at dusk I’ll turn to look to the west and gaze as clouds fly by on a crimson painted sky. In the stillness I hear in my heart, “Come and worship Me with awe and wonder.”

Those who live at the ends of the earth stand in awe of your wonders.

From where the sun rises to where it sets, you inspire shouts of joy.” Psalm 65:8 NLT

 The clear pure light of the morning makes one yearn for God’s Word and the life giving truth it speaks that will pulse new life into to our heart and soul.  Everywhere are reminders of our Creator God.

 Our hope is in God alone, who every day in many ways will reminds us, He is always and forever with us.

 What would this poor human do without God’s prompting? How would one carry on in life if not for His daily encouragement to stay and trust in His Word? From where comes the strength and a heart filled with hope if not for the Holy Spirit opening our eyes to see the beauty and mystery of God’s creation? All creation sings of God’s unfailing love.

 

Dawn and dusk calls to me

“Seek Me, be free, and be strong.”

 

In the holy hush of the early dawn

I hear His voice, “I am with you all day long.

Rejoice! Rejoice!

 

“Dawn and Dusk” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© May 28, 2014

 

No comments:

Post a Comment