Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Still I Would Plant My Garden

 
 
 
Still I Would Plant My Garden
 
I spent the mid-week day at the big city zoo. What caught my eye most often? Strollers of children, toddlers racing about in glee and discovery. Mother's laughing, sharing and teaching their children. Life is good, love is evident, the Lord God reigns over all!
 
The news can be grim and full of warnings about our tomorrows. But for those who trust in God and believe in Jesus Christ, there will still be new gardens planted, new hope hopping about in little children and years and years ahead in His unfailing love. For our eyes on the Lord in whom we trust. 
 
"But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love." Psalm 33:18 NIV

"Even if I  knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree."-Martin Luther

No comments:

Post a Comment