Friday, May 9, 2014

I Don't Have To-I Get To


Hot Air Balloon by Dee Kamp
 
I Don’t Have To―I Get To

“I see you had to get up early this morning,” I overheard one customer in our little country store say to their neighbor.

I smiled, for I knew what was coming next from Fred. He didn’t disappoint me one bit when I heard him say, “I don’t have to― I get to.”

Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father…comfort and strengthen your hearts in every good work and word.” 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

God has given us all the great power to choose.  It is His greatest desire for us to choose the light and not the darkness, the positive truth and not the negative lies of Satan.

A cheerful disposition is good for your health; gloom and doom leave you bone-tired.” Proverb 17:22 The Message, Eugene Peterson

Every single day we get to make a choice to be negative or positive.  Negative is ungratefulness, self-centeredness and unbelief in God.

Hope in God is never settling for the crumbs of life but the whole bread of life promised by Him for us in His Son, Jesus. We can be positive knowing our God can take a negative situation and turn it for good.

It was many years ago I overheard this conversation, one I believe God wanted me to remember all the days of my life. I learned it’s good for us to choose God’s way of living in great positive faith, and it’s wise to choose to be around people who say, “I don’t have― I get to.”

“What is past is past…and now you know the fourth and great law of happiness and success…Use wisely your power of choice. Choose to love…rather than hate. Choose to laugh…rather than cry. Choose to create…rather than destroy. Choose to persevere…rather than quit. Choose to praise…rather than gossip. Choose to give…rather than steal. Choose to act…rather than procrastinate. Choose to grow…rather than not. Choose to pray…rather than curse. Choose to live…rather than die.”―Og Mandino , The Greatest Miracle in the World

“I Don’t Have to-I Get To” by Dee Kamp, Grace Every Morning Ministries© May 9, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment